Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Doctor's appointment this morning could have gone better.

I've been referred for another ultrasound, to be done at 32 weeks (five weeks' time). The doctor said he was unable to accurately measure the size of my uterus and so he wanted an ultrasound to measure baby - just to be on the safe side, as everyone is so fond of saying to us - and that depending on the outcome of that one, probably another scan at 36 weeks. Oh and, he wants it done at 32 weeks because there's not much point doing it now. Because they're not going to be looking at delivering the baby now anyway.

WTF???

I'm so tired. I'm not even feeling particularly anxious and certainly not panicky. Breaking out in eczema - which looked like a red lumpy rash - at 15 weeks made me panic. Being told to come back at lunch time to continue an ultrasound made me panic. I know that there have been no indications whatsoever at any point of this pregnancy that anything is wrong. I know that all the doctors want this pregnancy to be very closely monitored. This unfortunately is the reality of being very closely monitored. Of course I don't feel good about being told I need another ultrasound, but I've been kind of expecting to have more at 30+ weeks.

What I don't like is the way doctors speak. I was effectively just told to keep on keeping on because if something's wrong they can't do much at the moment anyway and just hope that everything is still OK in a month.

Someone wake me up in November....

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I remember that feeling from last time. At 24 weeks they were concerned about fluid trapped around the omphalocele but basically said, there's no point doing more frequent scans at this point because we can't do anything and we're not going to deliver this early so come back in a month.

    It's September now so November is closer....

    Maddie x

    ReplyDelete