Thursday, March 11, 2010

Just remembered something amazing that happened when Kat died. As I wrote earlier, we stayed with Michael's aunt when we had to go to Newcastle. She has two very gorgeous dogs (Ash and Cooki) that can be quite excitable and jumpy, especially Cooki. The morning that we were going back to hospital to have Kat I was sitting on a lounge chair with Michael and Ash in the room and when Cooki came in Ash immediately ran over to her, growling and nipping, herding Cooki away from me. Michael said she had done the same thing earlier for him. When we got back from the hospital the next day Ash made quite an effort to come and sit with me - she was quite pushy about it. I thought at first that she was being her usual self, jumping up and so on. But as soon as she was with me she just curled up next to me, turned her head around to look at me and she sat there looking me in the eye. I swear she had tears in her eyes. And the most amazing expression of compassion and sorrow for me. I barely knew this dog, I'd only been in their house twice before. It was absolutely amazing and very touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment