Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I just heard today of another baby who will be stillborn. A friend of my girlfriend - she's been in hospital since her waters broke at almost 24 weeks, but everything seemed to be fine, then suddenly yesterday the baby's heart had stopped. It seems like another day, another lost baby. I was able to talk for quite some time about Kat and lost babies in general without crying though. My heart aches for my little girl but today my heart was just with this person I don't know who is right where we were less than four months ago. Literally. She's in the same hospital. She'll be giving birth in the butterfly room, just like I did. I hope she has the support she'll need.

So, back down today, but on the whole things are looking back up a bit this week. Things have settled more at home with the kids behaviour, which makes such a big difference. It really does seem to be that they act up whenever the focus is on someone else, no matter what that focus is. I don't know if that's kids in general or just mine. Have I spoiled them? Or are they just being kids?

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, they're just being kids.
    Kids that have been through a fair bit too.
    Their behaviour should get better when they grow up a bit more :)
    Still thinking of you and Michael and all three of your amazing children :)
    Love, Michelle xoxox

    ReplyDelete